Born from a lifetime of aggressively and successfully defending the most complex and significant personal injury claims of our Insurance Company clients and their insureds, The Personal Injury practice of The Mayers Firm was established. Not coincidentally when these same insurance claims executives and claims representatives needed representation of their own, their family and friends, who better to turn to then the same attorneys whom they have trusted with their most serious claims for over 30 years. The Personal Injury Group of The Mayers Firm renown for their reputation in the courtroom for representing defendants brings the same integrity, professionalism and passion to the representation of the severely injured.
At The Mayers Firm we understand, as do our clients, that the results we achieve are driven by our attention to detail and our thoroughness in the preparation of their case. In the past few years alone our attorneys have settled or tried to verdict numerous cases exceeding seven figures. Recently Joseph B. Mayers obtained a $4,464,565.00 verdict in Montgomery County, which after a successful appeal resulted in a total award in excess of 5.5 million. This was reported as one of the top four verdicts in the last decade in Montgomery County. Click here to read about this verdict.
Listed below are some of the representative settlements and verdicts which we have achieved for our clients:
- $4.4 Million verdict on behalf of a woman who underwent a cervical fusion and permanent reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) as a result of a motor vehicle accident. After confirmed on appeal, the verdict ballooned to over 5 Million Dollars.
- $1.5 Million settlement on behalf of a woman burned as a result of a manufacturing defect.
- $1.2 Million policy limits settlement of an uninsured motorist claim on behalf of a client forced off the road by an unidentified driver sustaining neck and back injuries.
- $1 Million policy limits settlement as a result of injuries sustained by a passenger in a motor vehicle forced off the road by an uninsured motorist.
- $900,000 settlement as a result of a worker injured while unloading a truck which had been negligently packed.
- $600,000 settlement as a result of injuries sustained by a woman when her vehicle was forced off of the road by a negligent motorist.
- $585,000 settlement on behalf of an over-the-road truck driver who was injured in a motor vehicle accident.
- $520,000 settlement on behalf of a client injured in a bar fight as a result of the bar’s inadequate security.
- $500,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a young woman who sustained a hearing loss in one ear as a result of an uninsured motor vehicle accident.
- $475,000 settlement on behalf of a woman rear-ended in a motor vehicle accident.
- $450,000 verdict on behalf of a gentleman injured when he slipped and fell on snow and ice at his apartment complex.
- $425,000 settlement for a woman injured when her vehicle was forced off of the road by an uninsured motorist.
- $415,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a couple injured when struck head-on by a drunk driver.
- $340,000 settlement for a tenant of an apartment injured as a result of a defect in the rental property not sufficiently maintained by her landlord.
- $275,000 settlement on behalf of a client injuring her knee when she stepped in a hole in a recreational area maintained by a private club.
- $250,000 settlement for a client injured after tripping over a defect in an owner-maintained sidewalk.
- $220,000 settlement for a client injured by a falling object in a grocery store.
- $200,000 settlement for a client injured when she stepped into a hole on a private landowner’s property.
- $188,000 settlement on behalf of a client injured in a motor vehicle accident by a motorist who disregarded a stop sign.
- $180,000 settlement on behalf of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle while inside a pedestrian crosswalk.
- $162,500 settlement for a client injured as a result of a defect on a city-maintained sidewalk.